A great way to make sure sellers are staying on top of things is when customers leave reviews. They're a quick and easy way to let sellers know what's working and what isn't and help them provide the best customer service possible. There are a lot of places to purchase items on Etsy, and many of them never even take the time to leave you feedback, which is really frustrating when it comes to knowing what your buying is like. First things first, learn about the different ways reviews are rated on Etsy. Depending on the type and amount of feedback a seller gets from their shop, they appear in one of three categories: Superstar Seller, Platinum Seller, or Top Seller. Superstar sellers have been reviewed well over 100 times, while platinum sellers have had well over 1,000 5-star reviews.
Reviews are advantageous for buyers because they can get a feel for an item before purchase, as well as know what other people have felt about the product. They're also advantageous to sellers because they can help your items rank higher in searches and increase exposure to potential customers. The way it works is by an Etsy user selecting the "Review" button on an item they're interested in. This user then submits a review that is saved on their account profile under the "Your Reviews" section. Other users can then find these reviews through the "Shopping" section of Etsy and use them to inform their purchasing decisions. If a review is marked as positive, it will be shown first more often than not, and vice versa for negative reviews.
In this article, we'll show you how to leave review on etsy. Let's dive right in!
Step By Step Guide On How To Leave A Review On Etsy
A review, also known as feedback, lets Etsy sellers know what some of their customers think of their products. If you have received something fabulous from an Etsy seller and want to give them a five-star review, this guide will walk you step by step through the process. So, how do you leave a review on etsy? simply follow the steps below.
Step 1: Log into your account, on the left-hand side of the screen (or click here to log in if you are not already signed in)
Step 2: Find the item that you are reviewing, it will end with "Review" or "Reviews." Just click on this link and then select "Leave a Review.
Step 3: This is the box that will appear next, in this box is a place for you to provide feedback on the following topics:
The title of the review should be whatever you want to say about the item. You can describe your feelings or just say what you think about the item. If you have a story about how it was received or how it looks, feel free to add that here too! The only thing that matters is what you think about the item and why other people should buy from this shop! You can do this in as little or as much detail as you want to, but 100 characters is enough for most reviews.
Step 4: Your review will then appear on the top of the page within 24 hours (sometimes a bit later). You don't have to wait that long, though! You can click here and give your review a rating if you want. This will help other people decide whether they want to buy from this shop or not.
Step 5: Once your review is up, there are two options for what to do next: Once again, if you are happy with everything about the shop and with everything that has happened so far in the transaction, then leave positive feedback. This will add points to the shop's rating and may even get you a special gift. Try to think of what you can say here. Sometimes people include witty comments, but not always.
If you have a very strong issue with something in the shop, then leave negative feedback. This is something that Etsy wants sellers to do if they feel that the customer service is poor (or if there is an underlying issue that the customer has brought up). Leaving negative feedback will reduce the points your shop gets throughout time, although it may not affect your shop much in the short term.
Step 6: When you are done leaving any kind of review. Click "Leave A Reply," which will take you to this page. When you are done on this page, click "Post reply." Once you do this, your review is up, and no one can change it. You can click the "View all replies" button if you want to see what other people have said.
Step 7: If someone has responded to one of your reviews, you will see a link on the left-hand side of the screen that says "Replies." Click here and then select the appropriate response from the list.
Step 8: If a person has left a response to your response, you will see a "View all replies" button that looks like this. Click on it to find the original review, and then click on the appropriate response from the list.
Step 9: As a buyer, you are able to respond to any reviews that you have received by clicking on this link. On this page, please select the option that best describes how you feel about the review (positive, negative, or neutral). Tell Etsy why it is positive or negative in as much detail as you want.
Step 10: Once you do this, your response will appear below the original review, You can type anything here that would help other customers understand your perspective.
How to delete a review on Etsy As A Seller
What are your other options for dealing with a bad review? You can leave it up, you can try to defend yourself, or you can delete it altogether! And the latter sounds like the way to go.
First off, navigate over to your "Activity" tab and click on "Reviews." From there, find the specific order that has the bad reviews and hover over one of them. A box should appear under the review, giving you a choice of deleting it or "keeping it."
At this point, you'll have to be very careful. Once one of these bad reviews is deleted, it's difficult to reinsert it. For this reason, we highly suggest that you take a screenshot of your review before you delete it. If something goes wrong, at least you can use the screenshot as proof that the review didn't stay up in the first place!
As for the delete button, it operates similarly to when you delete a post on Facebook. Meaning, that if you accidentally press "delete" on the review box, it won't be around to serve as evidence that you're innocent.
Additionally, only admins have the ability to delete reviews on Etsy. Try to have a dedicated admin be the one who deletes. It's the easiest way to make sure nothing goes wrong. We also recommend that you try to delete the review as soon as possible before you get too many other "likes" on your order and you make it hard for them to find it!
How to leave a review on Etsy as a guest
If you're a guest on Etsy, you may be wondering if you can leave a review for a purchase you made. The short answer is: no, you cannot leave a review on Etsy as a guest.
To leave a review on Etsy, you must first create an Etsy account. Creating an Etsy account is free, and only takes a few minutes. Once you have an Etsy account, you can then leave a review for any purchase you've made on the site.
Why can't guests leave reviews on Etsy? Etsy's policy is that only members of the site can leave reviews. This is because Etsy wants to make sure that all reviews are fair, accurate, and helpful. By requiring everyone to have an account, Etsy can help to ensure that all reviews are coming from real people who have actually made a purchase on the site.
If you're a guest on Etsy, the best way to leave feedback for a purchase you made is to contact the seller directly. You can do this by clicking the "Contact" button on the listing page of the item you purchased.On the contact form, be sure to include your order number so the seller can easily find your purchase.
Many Etsy sellers are happy to hear feedback from their customers, whether it's positive or negative. By contacting the seller directly, you can let them know what you thought of your purchase, and help them to improve their business.
Etsy's 5-star review system
Etsy is one of the biggest and most popular ecommerce sites in the US. In order to make its customers feel more safe, secure, and happy when they buy from their store, Etsy has given its buyers a review system on the website. There are five stars for people to leave feedback about items that they have purchased from Etsy sellers. Why 5 stars? Here we will introduce you to some more information about this star rating system.
Etsy's 5-star review system is based on the star rating system is based on the one used by Amazon.com, in which sellers can select from a range of feedback types from "Did Not Meet Expectations" (1 star) to "Would Buy From Again" (5 stars). Etsy also allows users to provide more granular feedback as well, including neutral ratings and comments. A star rating is shown beside each seller's name throughout the site, including in search results and listings.
Because it is so important for your business reputation and the success of your business through the Etsy store, you may take some actions to get more stars or try avoiding getting any negative stars from your customers. Considering the fact that Etsy's star rating system is based on Amazon's one, here are some tips and recommendations from users around the world:
1. Don't be too pushy to your customers. If you want to make sure the items you provide get more customers, then don't be too pushy with them. Just contact your customers when they show interest in your products or services, such as sending you a question about an item or service you are offering for sale. The goal of this is to make them feel more interested in your Etsy shop and leave some positive comments on your star rating system later on.
2. Be kind and honest with your customer service. This is another way to have more positive feedback on your Etsy's star rating system. Being nice and honest with your customers is an important part of maintaining your Etsy business. Above all, remember you are operating in the e-commerce business model, so act like a business person and be kind and helpful to your customers.
3. Don't be too familiar and over-friendly with your customers. This can also keep some negative comments on my star rating system! If you don't want some negative comments from buyers, then don't be over-friendly or too familiar with them after they purchase something from you.
4. Don't use your Etsy profile in a way that associates you with affiliate offers or other online marketing activities. It means that you are giving your customers the impression that you are trying to get them to buy something from you because of an affiliate offer or other marketing reasons. Although it is okay for your web traffic to pass by an affiliate link, it may also hurt your star rating system if buyers are afraid to leave negative comments about their experience with you as a seller because they think it is associated with an affiliate offer or other marketing activity.
5. Don't use passive-aggressive language in feedback about a transaction. This is also a negative comment on your star rating system! When you leave feedback about the transaction, it is always important to be nice and positive. If you are not positive or maybe not happy with the transaction, there should be some way to explain why without being mean.
6. Don't give neutral feedback for purchases that don't meet expectations or are less than satisfactory. Neutral comments will just hurt your star rating system! Before leaving some negative feedback about a purchase, think twice and then decide what type of feedback you will leave. It might be better to write to the seller and see if they can make it up to you before leaving a neutral star rating.
7. Avoid negative feedback about shipping and handling charges. If you are charged for shipping and handling extra fees, try to avoid giving negative comments about it because sometimes the buyer is responsible for paying this fee (although it is not rare that sellers charge unreasonable fees). Just contact your customer service desk or leave a note on your Etsy store about this issue, or just give some positive comments about everything else in the transaction.
8. Maintain an active presence on Etsy's Community Forums-discussion forums, where users regularly post questions, links, and other content related to their businesses on Etsy.com.
What exactly is a positive review?
The idea behind a positive review is that you're giving feedback on the condition of the product, which means that you haven't tried it out yet. There are essentially two types of positive reviews:
1. General comments about the quality or appearance of the item.
General comments can include things like how well an item was made, how long it took to ship, and why they liked/disliked a certain feature/item.
2. Detailed product description reviews.
Detailed product description reviews are more useful because they offer buyers an intimate process of discovery by sharing their first-hand experience with items in your shop.
How do I get a positive review?
Reviews are entirely optional on Etsy. However, if you want to get more reviews for your shop items, you can start by leaving feedback for every order you make through the site. This may seem like a daunting task, but leave positive feedback for all the sellers from whom you bought items, and they will do the same for you. That is how most of the positive reviews on Etsy are obtained.
If feedback is not your thing, then you could try leaving a review for someone who hasn't left one on your shop yet. This does two things: 1) it puts into effect the rule of reciprocation (also known as the "Golden Rule" or "law of karma"), which means that people usually pay back what has been done to them; 2) it also gives your customers a taste of how it feels when someone leaves an honest review about their product.
If you're a seller, you can't actively solicit reviews from your buyers, but there are a few things you can do to encourage them to leave feedback.
Make sure you're providing great customer service from start to finish. This includes promptly answering any questions they have, packing their order securely, and shipping it on time.
When an order is delivered, send your buyer a message to thank them and let them know you're available if they need any assistance.
Add a banner or announcement in your shop to let buyers know that you would appreciate feedback.
If you use social media, you can mention in a post that you would love to hear what your customers think of your latest products.
It's always a good idea to follow up with buyers after they've received their order to make sure they're happy and to thank them for their business. This is also a great opportunity to ask if they would be willing to leave a review.
If you're selling handmade products on Etsy, one of the best ways to get more traffic to your shop is to write reviews. Reviewing products is a great way to show potential customers that you're an expert in your field, and it can help build trust. Here are some frequently asked questions regarding reviews on Etsy:
How to write a review on Etsy
When writing a review on Etsy, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure that your review is honest and unbiased. If you're reviewing a product that you sell, be sure to disclose that fact.
Second, be specific about what you liked or didn't like about the product. If you're writing a positive review, focus on the things that you thought were well-made or unique. If you're writing a negative review, be sure to point out specific areas that you thought could be improved.
Finally, be sure to proofread your review before you publish it. A well-written review will do wonders for your shop, but a poorly written one could do more harm than good.
With these tips in mind, you're ready to start writing reviews on Etsy!
How do i leave a review on etsy as a buyer?
If you're a buyer, there are a few different ways you can leave a review on Etsy. If you made a purchase using Etsy Payments, you can leave a review from your receipt. If you made a purchase using another payment method, you can leave a review from your order page.
To leave a review from your receipt:
- Go to Your Etsy.
- Click You.
- Click Purchases and reviews.
- Find the receipt for the item you want to review, then click Write a review.
- In the "Write your review" section, choose a star rating, write your review, then click Post Your Review.
To leave a review from your order page:
- Go to Your Etsy.
- Click You.
- Click Purchases and reviews.
- Find the order you want to review, then click Write a review.
- In the "Write your review" section, choose a star rating, write your review, then click Post Your Review.
How to transfer etsy reviews to another account?
You can't directly transfer reviews from one Etsy account to another. However, if you're a seller who is closing one Etsy shop and opening another, you can contact Etsy and ask them to copy over your reviews.
To contact Etsy about copying over your reviews:
- Go to Etsy.com and log in.
- Click the ? icon in the top right corner.
- Click Contact Etsy.
- Click Etsy shops and billing, then click I need help with something else.
- Enter a detailed description of your issue, then click Send.
Etsy will review your request and get back to you within a few days.
As a buyer, you can help support Etsy sellers by taking a few minutes to leave a review. Your feedback helps the Etsy community grow and lets other buyers know what they can expect when they make a purchase from a particular seller.
As a seller, you can encourage buyers to leave reviews by providing great customer service and following up after their purchase. You can also add a banner or announcement in your shop to let buyers know that you would appreciate feedback.
Try these free tools by Topbubbleindex
If you're looking to get started with print-on-demand, Topbubbleindex is the perfect place to begin. We offer all the digital marketing tools you need to be successful, and we're committed to keeping them free forever. Below, you'll find a few of the free tools we offer to help you get ahead of the competition and make sales easily.
- Redbubble Keyword Research
- Redbubble Tag Generator
- Redbubble Trends Finder
- Etsy Keyword Research
- Etsy Tag Generator
- Etsy Trends Finder
- Design Editor
- Image Background Remover
- Image Portrait Generator
- Calendar Holidays
And still counting! If you're still not impressed, try the Topbubbleindex tools for free. Don't hesitate to contact us for suggestions, complaints, or just feedback. We are always working on to keep the Topbubbleindex better.