As an artist, I am always looking for new ways to make money from my art. I've tried a lot of different things, from selling prints to licensing my work, but I hadn't really considered using a site like Redbubble until recently. I decided to give it a try, and I have to say, I'm really impressed!
Redbubble is a site that allows artists to upload their designs and sell them on a variety of products, from t-shirts to phone cases. The great thing about Redbubble is that it's really easy to use and you can set your own prices. You also keep a lot of the profits - Redbubble takes a 20% commission on sales, which is lower than most other sites.
I've only been using Redbubble for a few weeks, but I've already made a few sales. I'm not making a ton of money yet, but it's a great way to get your art out there and make a little bit of extra cash.
If you're an artist looking for another way to make money from your art, I definitely recommend giving Redbubble a try!
What is Redbubble?
Redbubble is an online marketplace that connects artists with buyers. Artists can upload their designs and sell them on a variety of products, including t-shirts, stickers, phone cases, and more.
Redbubble takes care of the production and shipping of the products, so artists can focus on creating their designs. Artists set their own prices and earn a commission on each sale.
How does Redbubble work?
Artists create an account on Redbubble and upload their designs. They can then choose which products they would like to sell their designs on.
When a buyer purchases a product, Redbubble produces and ships the item. Artists earn a commission on each sale, which is calculated based on the price of the product and the artist's royalty rate.
Redbubble offers a variety of royalty rates, which range from 10% to 20%. Artists can also earn bonuses if they reach certain sales milestones.
My Own Experience
As an artist, you're always looking for new ways to sell your work and reach new audiences. Redbubble is one option that has been gaining popularity in recent years. But is it worth it for artists?
Here's a look at what Redbubble is, how it works, and what I have to say about my experience using the site.
I have done Redbubble for a year now and I'm getting 40-50 sales a month. Is it worth it? Short answer, absolutely YES! I'm relatively new to redbubble compared to the regular veteran Redbubble sellers that has 4+ more years experience compared to me. I've been learning for the past 12 months. At first, I'm not so sure what to design or what niches to dive into and how to effectively create them, and one day at my second month of selling on Redbubble with only 5 sales, I decided in just riding the trends. This brought me evidently more sales compared to the 5 sales only on my first 2 months.
I almost given up on my first 2 months, but thankfully I never did. I was determined to find a way to increase my sales on Redbubble. I did some research and experimented with different strategies. And finally, I found a system that worked for me. I started seeing a steady increase in my sales, and I was so excited. I was finally able to quit some of my part-time online job and do what I love. It was a great feeling to know that I was making a difference in people's lives and that my designs were bringing them joy.
Here's my daily routine:
- First, I identify trending keywords that are recently getting a lot of attention with the Redbubble Trends tool. This tool list all trending keywords on a daily, weekly and monthly basis on Redbubble. It provides wide variety of keywords from popular and trending Redbubble designs. I use it mainly for scouting designs that are currently selling on Redbubble and using that knowledge to ride on the trends. With this tool, you will definitely find design ideas for your next artwork.
- Second, I validate my keywords using the Redbubble Keyword Research tool. This is a very powerful tool that you could use to easily make decision if the trending keyword you've been eyeing is worth it to create a design on. This tools displays all the necessary Redbubble data in which you need to account for when choosing your next artwork, data such as average monthly searches, competition, shops competing, shops competing lists, and google trends data to find relevant trends and additional design ideas.
- Third, I envision my design for the keyword I choose and make it into reality using Redbubble Design Editor. With a wide variety of features and effects, you can create accurate and awesome designs. What I personally like about this editor is that it has a "Multiple" feature which automatically generate multiple designs based on the keywords you've entered. Thus, saving you a lot of time when creating the same artwork but wanted to make variaties using different keywords.
- And lastly, when I finished my artwork and ready to upload my design on Redbubble I use Redbubble Tag Generator tool to quickly and easily generate relevant and popular tags for my Redbubble artwork. This tool is a very handy Redbubble tags generator tool! You simply enter a few details about your product and the tool will generate a list of popular tags for you to use. If you're looking to get more traffic to your Redbubble shop, one of the best ways to do so is by using the Topbubbleindex's Redbubble tag generator. This tool allows you to quickly and easily create tags for your products that are both SEO-friendly and likely to appeal to potential customers.
My final verdict:
I had been selling on Redbubble for a few months and was starting to get discouraged. I wasn't seeing a lot of sales and was ready to give up. But then one day, I got an email notification that I had made a sale. And then another sale came in. And then another. Suddenly, I was making sales left and right. I was so excited and grateful that my hard work was finally paying off. It was a great feeling to know that people were enjoying my designs and that I was making a difference in their lives.
What other artists say about Redbubble?
Overall, artists who have used Redbubble have had positive experiences. They appreciate the ease of use and the fact that they can sell their designs on a variety of products.
Many artists also like the fact that Redbubble takes care of the production and shipping of the products. This allows them to focus on creating new designs and promoting their work.
Some artists have had issues with the quality of the products, but this seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Overall, most artists who have used Redbubble have been happy with the experience.
Is Redbubble worth it for artists?
If you're looking for a way to sell your designs and reach new audiences, Redbubble is definitely worth considering. The site is easy to use and offers a variety of products for artists to sell their work on.
Redbubble also takes care of the production and shipping of the products, so artists can focus on creating and promoting their designs.
If you're thinking about selling your artwork on Redbubble, you might be wondering if it's worth it. Here's a look at the pros and cons of using Redbubble to sell your art.
- You can make money from your art without having to invest in printing or shipping yourself.
- It's easy to set up an account and start selling.
- You can reach a global audience of potential customers.
- There are no listing fees or monthly charges.
- You can choose how much to charge for your products, and you keep all of the profits.
- Redbubble takes a percentage of each sale, so your profits may be lower than if you sold your art directly.
- Some customers have reported issues with quality control, including receiving damaged or misprinted products.
- There have been concerns about the company's copyright and trademark policies.
- Redbubble has been known to be slow to respond to customer service issues.
On the plus side, Redbubble is a great way to get your work out there. With over 18 million users, there's a good chance you'll be able to reach a wide audience. And, since you can set your own prices, you have the potential to make a good profit.
Overall, Redbubble is a good option for artists who are looking to sell their work online. It's important to be aware of the potential downsides before you get started, but the potential to reach a large audience and make a good profit make it worth considering.
Try these free tools by Topbubbleindex
If you're looking to get started with print-on-demand, Topbubbleindex is the perfect place to begin. We offer all the digital marketing tools you need to be successful, and we're committed to keeping them free forever. Below, you'll find a few of the free tools we offer to help you get ahead of the competition and make sales easily.
- Redbubble Keyword Research
- Redbubble Tag Generator
- Redbubble Trends Finder
- Etsy Keyword Research
- Etsy Tag Generator
- Etsy Trends Finder
- Design Editor
- Image Background Remover
- Image Portrait Generator
- Calendar Holidays
And still counting! If you're still not impressed, try the Topbubbleindex tools for free. Don't hesitate to contact us for suggestions, complaints, or just feedback. We are always working on to keep the Topbubbleindex better.