Do you have a hobby that may turn into a potential business? Are you thinking about ways to make a side income? Have you been asking people how to sell online?
If you are nodding your head and looking for answers, you are in the right place.
The good news is that there is not just one, but many platforms that can help your dream come true. The goal here is to help you do something for yourself! Today we will focus on two.
So, let's start a debate on Redbubbe vs Zazzle and see which one is right for you.
Read on for more information. Let's dive right in.
What Is Zazzle?
Zazzle was founded in 2005 and it serves worldwide. Zazzle helps you sell your design on a variety of products.
A glance at the official website would help you see the list of products, for example, invitations and cards, weddings, and a lot more. So, the relevant products under these categories would be using your specific designs.
What Is Redbubble?
Redbubble was founded in 2006. Redbubble lets you sell your art to an audience around the world. The art would be printed on products. You get paid for your designs on the products.
You can protect your designs by using the watermark features and more. There is also 24/7 customer support available to you.
Where to Sell: Zazzle or Redbubble?
Both Zazzle and Redbubble are Print on Demand marketplaces.
So, let's say you are an artist. You may want to sell your design and thus, these two platforms would be a viable solution. You can sell your design by placing them on products. A potential customer may take interest in your design and thus, would want to buy from you.
Now, you may wonder where to sell your design.
Opening A Shop at Redbubble
Redbubble is giving artists the opportunity to sell their art and showcase their work. You need to focus on the designs, while shipping and handling of the products depend on Redbubble.
Consider the following:
- For opening your shop at Redbubble, you will sign up and fill in the relevant information and upload the designs.
- You can select the design of the product you want.
- You get paid when the product sells.
It's always best to do your research before working on the platform. It's best to see what type of designs and products are in demand. When you know what the majority of the buyers like, it would be easy for you to consider the relevant designs and upload them. Make sure the designs you upload belong to you!
Opening A Shop at Zazzle
Zazzle lets you be creative, but it's more customizable. It means you would do things the way you prefer. But, for beginners, it could be overwhelming so it's best to take your time.
Zazzle lets you create passive income opportunities so that you can enjoy more flexibility in life. Ideally, it's best to find a platform that helps you generate some side income while you rest!
If you are an independent artist, you may think about selling your work, now thanks to platforms like Zazzle, it's a possibility.
You need to know what type of content is acceptable on the platform. You can get information from the help center. It's always best to do your research before making a final decision.
Consider the following:
- Zazzle lets you create a wide variety of products such as mugs, stationery items, and a lot more.
- The customers place an order for what they want to purchase. So, it's a win-win situation.
- The target market is the Millenials.
- For novice users, the overall platform may appear intimidating in the beginning. However, it depends on the users also. Some people are more comfortable and prefer customizable options and themes.
- For payment, you can use the bank for US dollars or PayPal for other currencies.
What's Right: Zazzle or Redbubble?
What works for one person may not work for the other. You may want to find a website that's userfriendly and appeals to you as a beginner. If that's the case you may like Redbubble. On the other hand, if you are looking for more control over what you do and understand the backend of the websites better, you may prefer Zazzle.
So, it all comes down to what you would like at the end of the day. There is no right or wrong, but you need to make a smart decision. You have to see what works in your favor.
So, consider the following:
- Check the websites of both platforms and see what appeals to you the most.
- Make an account on both platforms and start playing around and see how everything works.
- Check what type of customer support is available. Try asking questions and see if there is a reply available to you! Notice the time on how quickly the customer service resolves the issue.
- Make sure you learn how the website works. Also, see what's famous on the platforms. You would know what type of products are in demand. Thus, you can start working for them!
- Make a list of categories available on both platforms. You can see what appeals to you! Based on the information available, it would be easy for you to see what's the most viable option.
- Ask around and see where the sellers hang out the most. When you connect with other like-minded individuals, it would be easy for you to build a strong connection.
- Learn the basics of filing taxes. You would be working as an independent contractor. If you are working for the first time, it's always best to discuss the situation with your accountant. It may sound unnecessary and a hassle, but it would help in the long run. Whether you work at Redbubble, Zazzle, or any other similar platform, you must be aware that you have to file taxes. You have to check the relevant rules and regulations of these platforms and see what they have to say when it comes to filing taxes.
There could be tons of questions on your mind about these platforms and also about selling one.
Let's discuss a few:
Is Zazzle a legit platform?
Yes, it's legit. When you visit the official website, you would acquire tons of information. There is also a section of FAQs to help you in the right direction. You can also see the products on the platform and it would give you an idea of the sellers. The reviews on the platform would also highlight that Zazzle sounds legit. Some things are too good to be true, so if you are still confused, it's best to do your thorough research and then make an account at Zazzle.
Is Redbubble reliable?
Yes, you can rely on Redbubble as many artists and designers are using it and sharing their intellectual work. The artists sell the design on products available on the website. So, you can rely on Redbubble and see what's the most viable option available to you when it comes to selling your designs and artwork.
Which platform is right for me: Zazzle vs Redbubble?
It's your personal choice. You can check the official website of both platforms and see what appeals the most to you. It's always good to get the feel of the website before you make a final decision. You can share with others the pros and cons of the two platforms when you plan on using them both. See what works for you and what doesn't. Make sure you find what's best for you in the end. After all, you have the final say!
Can I sell on both platforms: Zazzle and Redbubble?
What to keep in mind for both platforms?
It's best to check what percentage or profit you would earn at the end of the day. You can also ask the customer service to explain to you how pricing works if you are not able to understand the information available online. It's always best to ask and learn. You can learn new things when you ask the right questions. It's vital that you know what you would get at the end of the day as you would be working hard on these online platforms.
Is it easy to use Zazzle?
It depends on how good of a user you are and whether it's easy for you to follow the directions. For some people, it's hard to understand anything the first time. So, you may take your time to gradually explore the platform.
Is it easy to use Redbubble?
A quick look on the website shows that it's user-friendly and seems suitable for beginners. But, you would learn more about it once you are in the game. So, it depends on your ease of using the online platforms.
How to make your shops successful at Redbubble or Zazzle?
You need to work hard and learn the basic rules of marketing and selling stuff online. It's also vital that you are using the original designs and not copying anyone's work. It's easy to get started in the new age of information technology. You can open a shop and start selling your stuff, it sounds simple but requires consistency and commitment.
Tips to Keep In Mind When Using Redbubble or Zazzle
It doesn't matter what you end up using at the end of the day. The most important thing here is that you know what you are doing! It's vital that you understand the platforms.
Consider the following:
- Make sure the designs you use on these platforms are yours. You can't copy designs. It's a serious issue and you don't want to be in trouble. Written permission that allows you to sell may help. However, it's always best to talk to a lawyer about such sensitive matters.
- It's always best to do thorough research before starting your shop at any of these platforms. You need to see if that's what you have been looking for and if you have the potential to take it to the next level.
- Make sure you learn the do's and don't of the platform. It's always best to familiarize yourself with the rules, especially when you don't want to get banned.
- See what products are in high demand. It's best to know what people like to buy so that you can focus on that particular zone.
- Familiarize yourself with basic SEO skills. It's always better to learn the art of sales. You never know what skills you can learn as a seller.
- Make the best use of these platforms. It's great to have such an opportunity available at your disposal. Enjoy the perks of the new age.
- If you are skeptical, it's best to talk to other artists and designers. You can join the forums and see what people are sharing about their experience with such marketplaces.
Wrapping It Up
You may always find yourself in a loop about making important decisions in life. Yes, there will be challenges, ups, downs, and so much more. But when it comes to following your passion or earning from your hobby, you can consider Zazzle or Redbubble. Ideally, it depends on your personal choice. What works for one person may not work for the other. So, you have to see what's the most liable option available to you.
Try these free tools by Topbubbleindex
If you're looking to get started with print-on-demand, Topbubbleindex is the perfect place to begin. We offer all the digital marketing tools you need to be successful, and we're committed to keeping them free forever. Below, you'll find a few of the free tools we offer to help you get ahead of the competition and make sales easily.
- Redbubble Keyword Research
- Redbubble Tag Generator
- Redbubble Trends Finder
- Etsy Keyword Research
- Etsy Tag Generator
- Etsy Trends Finder
- Design Editor
- Image Background Remover
- Image Portrait Generator
- Calendar Holidays
And still counting! If you're still not impressed, try the Topbubbleindex tools for free. Don't hesitate to contact us for suggestions, complaints, or just feedback. We are always working on to keep the Topbubbleindex better.