If you wonder whether Etsy is legit and safe, you are in the right place.
Living in modern times has its perks, but it's hard to distinguish what's a scam and what's not unless you are smart and have a strong intuition.
According to Statista, the annual revenue of Etsy is 2.3 billion USD for 2021. It has 96.3 million active buyers and 7.5 million active sellers. So, is Etsy legit? Looking at these statistics, it sure is!
However, is Etsy safe? It appears safe, but as you know, there are a few bad apples. There could be scammers waiting to pounce on you, especially when you are on the buying side, so you need to be safe.
Read on for more information.
What Is Etsy?
Etsy is an online marketplace that's more on the customer-to-customer (C2C) or peer-to-peer (P2P) e-commerce side, according to Statista.
Etsy started in 2005 and had an exciting idea as it was more for the artists and people interested in vintage collections. A quick look at the website will give you an idea of the products available. Mostly, you can find handmade items!
Is Etsy Legit?
Yes, it is! If you are thinking of buying a product from Etsy, you definitely can. However, as a seller, you must know what items you can sell and how to attract more buyers ethically.
So, yes, if someone asks you is Etsy legit to buy from, then you can say yes. But, again, if someone points out, "is Etsy legit to buy from" then again, you can reply positively, but make sure to give tips on how to recognize legit sellers. Then, you can learn about it later as you read on.
Different people have different experiences. So it's best to go with the statistics and the information available online. When you know that a company is making enough revenue and profits and has enough users, it's easy to say it would be legit. The number speaks, and the news spreads when something is for the better!
Is Etsy Safe?
Yes, you have to be sure that you deal with the best sellers. When you are a buyer, you can get protection from Etsy. As a seller, you need to follow the rules and regulations of selling on Etsy.
Consider the following:
Is Etsy safe to buy from?
Yes, but keep an eye on the sellers' reviews. Make sure they are legit, and people are buying from them. It's hard to trust a new seller, but you can send a message and see what the customer service of this new person is for the buyers. So, in simple words, if you are wondering is Etsy safe to order from, then yes, but make sure you check the sellers.
When you are a buyer, there could be many things on your mind. You may wonder whether it's a good idea to buy from Etsy or not. You may also want to go with your gut feeling! Ideally, it's best to get an experience by ordering an item that's small in value and see if it turns out in your favor. Next time, you can raise the bar.
Being a first-time buyer on Etsy may appear daunting, but it doesn't have to be. You have to be on the safe side of things. If anything appears off, you need not go ahead with your decision. However, you have the final say! You can see what's the most viable option available to you.
Gone are the days when people had to go through the hassle of finding the products they like! When you don't have the time to visit different shops, the shops come to you! Yes, you can place an order online with the help of platforms like Etsy that make buying handmade products or vintage items a possibility.
When you look at the official website of Etsy, you will observe that there are many products, and you can also notice the categories. It's good to see what sells the most on Etsy. When you see such items, it will give you an idea of what to expect from the sellers.
For example, if a certain seller has positive reviews and the product appears great, it could be amazing! You can find the product details and see what other people share about their experience in the buyer reviews. You can also share your review!
Is Etsy safe to sell on?
Yes, why not? If you are a legit seller, then you can sell on Etsy. Of course, there are risks involved, but you can check the rules and regulations for selling products on Etsy.
If you plan to sell on Etsy, it would be best to grab the details. Then, you can ask people who are successfully selling on Etsy. Running a small business is not everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone is good at selling, and that's where you need to be aware of the dos and don't of selling on this platform.
Also, when you want to become a successful seller at Etsy, it would be best to ask the experts to guide you in the right direction. When people are successful at a platform, they would have the stories to share. You can find someone to guide you!
You can also try the following:
- Make sure you provide exceptional customer service to your buyers. It's great if you can go above and beyond to serve your potential customers.
- Remember that other people are buying from you for a reason. You have to respect their decision. You can't push people to buy from you, but people would love to buy from you if your product and service are great!
- Focus on the description of your products. It's good to be nice with words and be honest in describing what value the product can add to your customer's life!
- Selling on the Etsy platform will help you sell the things you like making! It would be like earning from your hobby.
- If you want to make a living on Etsy or do it as a side job or maybe want to add an income stream, it's your decision. You can try finding the stories online. People would be selling on Etsy and being successful; it's best to hear what they say.
- Never focus on buying fake reviews online. It's unethical, and you can lose your credibility if people find out about the fake reviews. The reviews you collect must be genuine.
So, if you are planning to sell on Etsy in the current year, collect relevant information to make the final decision. It's best to see what works for you! Then, you can start your journey. Make your path. You could be the exception and become an inspiration for others like you! But, remember, you have the final say, so if you want to go ahead and start selling on Etsy, then it's your call!
Is Etsy safe for credit cards?
Yes, Etsy is secure for credit cards. According to Etsy Help, Etsy doesn't store sensitive credit card information. You can get more information here.
When you are unsure of the information, it's always best to check the official website. However, you must know the dos and don't of sharing your personal and financial information. If something seems a bit off, it's best to go with your gut feeling. Do your research and then make a final decision.
Usually, it's best to be mindful of where you share your credit card information and never read it aloud. However, you can check the official website and see what Etsy says regarding payments when you are not sure.
Is Etsy safe for debit cards?
Some users prefer using debit cards for Etsy instead of credit cards. According to Etsy Payments Policy, payment users have different ways to accept payment from their buyers. For example, debit cards and more. You can read the details here.
Whether you use debit cards or any other payment method, it's best to see the platform's rules. In addition, it would help familiarize yourself with the relevant regulations to make the most of them.
When you are unsure about the payment method, you can also contact Etsy and ask for more information. It's always best to ask for information from a direct source rather than collecting information from random websites and people. Also, if someone is an expert at Etsy, you can ask them to advise you in the right direction.
Is Etsy Reliable?
Yes, Etsy is reliable as long as you know what to expect! First, you have to see what type of sellers and buyers hang out on Etsy. Then, a quick look at the official website will give you an idea of what to expect.
Consider the following:
- When you want to buy a particular product, check the price. See if the price appears reasonable. A fake seller may not know the market price of such a product.
- Check out the seller reviews when you are a buyer on Etsy. Looking at the reviews will give you an idea of what to expect. When a seller is fake, people will leave negative comments, and thus, you would know it's best not to buy from this particular buyer.
- When you find a new seller, try messaging this seller and seeing how the response or customer service is towards potential buyers. If the seller seems off or gives out negative vibes, it's best to avoid buying from this person.
- Scams are avoidable if you know how to deal with the situation. However, you may fall victim to fraud at times, or someone you know may experience this issue. If that's the case, you must learn from the mistake and be prepared to avoid scams the next time.
- You can also see the reviews available online from people who have been using Etsy for some time. Reading it would give you an idea of what to expect from this platform.
- Share your tips and tricks for becoming successful on this particular platform. If you become successful, you can share your success story.
Your experience counts, but it's also wise to see what other people share about their experience with the Etsy platform. What works for one buyer may not work for the other! In the same way, what works for one seller may not work for the other. So you have to see the overall and the bigger picture. By far, Etsy is doing a good job for the buyers and sellers. Thus, making the revenue!
Since Etsy is famous and you want to know more about it, let's discuss a few FAQs and see if it helps. Then, you can share in the comments if you have some ideas or tips and tricks.
Is Etsy trustworthy?
Etsy appears safe and legit from the statistics and the number of active users. However, scams are possible when you are not checking the seller reviews. You have to see what type of buyers and sellers hang on Etsy to make the most of your time on this particular platform. Some people may try to sell fake stuff on Etsy, but you need to do your homework and research before making the final purchase decision.
Looking at the online reviews would also help you decide what to do! If you are thinking of buying at Etsy, you will know whether it's a good idea. However, if you are thinking of starting your shop at Esty, it depends on you again! So, check out the reviews and see what other people share about their experience with the Etsy platform. Also, go with your gut feeling and do what you feel is best for you.
Is Etsy a good stock to buy?
Based on the financial circumstances, you can buy, sell or hold the Etsy stock. According to Seeking Alpha, the Etsy stocks seems a suitable buy. However, when making important financial decisions, you also need to consider the bigger picture; if there is a financial expert to guide you, that would be best!
Talk to your financial advisors and see what they have to suggest! Of course, it's best to listen to the advice of the experts even though there is tons of information available online in the form of videos and tutorials, but you have the final say!
Is Etsy a good website?
You can find Etsy safe and legit in terms of buying and selling. However, there could be scammers, but you need to watch out for such scam artists. It's best to check the reviews of the sellers. Some people may even try buying the reviews, which is unethical. It's best to check the relevant rules and regulations of the website.
Looking at the official website of Etsy would also help you in finding relevant and updated information. It's always best to check the FAQs section to give you an idea of what to expect. A glance at the Etsy website would help you in many ways.
Is Etsy worth it?
According to Statista, Etsy has 96.3 million active buyers and 7.5 million active sellers. There is a reason why so many people want to use Etsy. Thus, you can say it appears worth the effort to buy or sell on Etsy. However, each individual is unique and has a different experience. Therefore, what works for one person may not work for the other. Thus, you can decide your best.
Now you can use the Etsy platform and share your experience with the world. Of course, it would be best to share the good word if you find it favorable. However, if you are scammed or if there is something you want to tell, again, it would be great to share your story!
Is Etsy for you?
It depends. What works for some people may not work for others. So, you have to see the most viable solution for you. Then, you can see if this platform is in your favor. You can read more on Etsy and check the official website to get more updated information. It's always better to focus on the updated information and don't forget to check the relevant rules and regulations of the website.
Is it okay to buy on Etsy?
It depends on the reviews of the seller. Make sure you check the reviews thoroughly before making the final purchase decision. You have to see what other people are saying about their buying experience. Also, when you get a good product, then make sure you leave your feedback! Doing so would help others in making a final purchase decision. So, don't forget to leave your reviews too.
Tips to Keep In Mind for Etsy
Over the years, you may think of starting your shop at Etsy, or you may think of buying your favorite products. In any case, you must know the dos and don't of the Etsy platform to make the most of it.
You may have a different experience on Etsy compared to someone successful at the moment. You may need to start somewhere and take it from there! Make sure you try your best. The tips below could help you to some extent.
Consider the following:
- If you are buying on Etsy, you must look at the reviews of the sellers. The seller must have positive reviews.
- If you are a seller, give out exceptional customer service so that your customers would be happy with you. Satisfied customers would leave positive feedback. Remember, it's unethical to buy the reviews!
- Some scammers may have bought the fake reviews on Etsy. A quick look at these reviews would give you an idea of whether these are genuine or fake!
- The scammers would appear off or may not have the best customer service. It's always best to connect with someone who knows what they are doing on this platform.
- If you find it hard to understand the Etsy platform, numerous videos and articles are online to guide you. In addition, you can ask an expert to help you. It could be a successful person at Etsy and is humble enough to guide you in the right direction.
- What works for one individual may not work for the other, so you have to see what's the most viable option available to you.
- Being successful at the art of selling requires effort! It would be best to learn the smart tricks of selling products online. It's best to make a list of the successful products and find why people prefer buying a certain category.
- If you want a specific collection available on Etsy, see what other people say about their buying experience. Reading the reviews would give you an idea of what to expect.
- It's good to share reviews on Etsy. You can share your experience as a buyer! If you find a reliable seller and have a good experience, it would be good to share your thoughts. Spread the good word by leaving a review for the seller.
There are various tips to consider, especially when new to the platform. It's okay to feel uneasy, but you must go with your gut feeling for buying and selling on Etsy. You can also check the official website of Etsy for more information. It's best to familiarize yourself with the relevant rules and regulations of the website. You can also check out the FAQs and see if it helps.
Wrapping It Up
Etsy appears worth your time and effort if you are willing to become a seller. On the other hand, if you are a buyer, you may find excellent handmade items. It depends on what you are looking for and what's your goal. If you are the type of person who prefers Vintage collections of handmade items, then you would like Etsy. Looking at the statistics and the number of platform users, it appears legit. To stay on the safe side of Etsy, you must know how to find potential sellers and avoid scams.
Try these free tools by Topbubbleindex
If you're looking to get started with print-on-demand, Topbubbleindex is the perfect place to begin. We offer all the digital marketing tools you need to be successful, and we're committed to keeping them free forever. Below, you'll find a few of the free tools we offer to help you get ahead of the competition and make sales easily.
- Redbubble Keyword Research
- Redbubble Tag Generator
- Redbubble Trends Finder
- Etsy Keyword Research
- Etsy Tag Generator
- Etsy Trends Finder
- Design Editor
- Image Background Remover
- Image Portrait Generator
- Calendar Holidays
And still counting! If you're still not impressed, try the Topbubbleindex tools for free. Don't hesitate to contact us for suggestions, complaints, or just feedback. We are always working on to keep the Topbubbleindex better.